Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What's for Dinner Wednesday

Last year I created a 30 b4 30 list, my number 11 was cook a cookbook meal at least once a week. To help me achieve this and become more organised in my kitchen and grocery shopping I am dedicating Wednesdays to my weekly meal planner. Our pay falls on Wednesday one week and Thursday the next, so I feel Wednesday's a great day to plan ahead :o)

Roast Chicken & Veggies, trying out the new 'Cook in a Bag' by Continental in a Classic Roast Chicken seasoning. You can cook the chicken and the veggies in the bag, all within an hour! This makes a roast something I can achieve on a weeknight, even after getting home from Ballet Lessons :o)

Rigatoni Pasta served with a rocket salad & hot bread stick. Trifle for dessert :o) I have my Mum and Dad coming over for dinner and to spend some time together, so I have picked out this meal from my 'Jamie Oliver ~ 30 min meals' cook book. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone on my 30 b4 30 list as I am making a cookbook meal as well as having guests over for dinner :o)
 BBQ Meats served with a Roast Pumpkin & Sweet Potato Salad, a Potato bake and a Ciabatta Loaf, with a chocolate Bavarian for dessert. We are having guests over for dinner on Saturday night too, always the way don't have any visitors for weeks on end and then end up with two lots on the one weekend!
Chicken & Spinach Risotto, something warm & filling for a Sunday night that will also make good left overs for Woodi to take to Work the next day for Dine on afternoon shift.
Spiral Bolognaise served with Garlic Bread ~ easy to make when I am on my own and leftovers that heat well for Woodi the next night at work.
 My Mumma's Special Mince & Rice dish, a yummy and hearty dish that also makes a good leftover meal for Woodi.
Chicken Supper Ready - 'Easy Slow Cooker Cookbook' recipe, I think after a week of full on cooking I will be looking forward to a slow cooker meal... chuck it all in and dish it up hours later for dinner, Nice :o)

 
Blog Design by A Mommy's Blog Design Studio (© Copyright 2011)